Thursday, August 10, 2006

KNN Breaking News: Amateur Loomer Catches World Record Slub!


[Knitting News Network] What might be a new world-record slub was caught in a loom just outside of Madison, Wisconsin this afternoon. The amateur loomer who hooked the amazing beast said that she played it for nearly an hour before landing it, but never imagined what would emerge from the skein of yarn. "I've been looming for a couple of months now, and I've pulled in quite a few keeper slubs, but this was the biggest one by far."

When asked what kind of tackle she was using, she told KNN, "I use a pretty hefty line, Lion Brand Homespun actually, and I had a good hank of it wound on a Knifty Knitter round green loom. I like a good strong line when I'm out looming, and I'm sure glad I had one tied on this afternoon."

Although it will take expert analysis to ultimately identify the species, the monster slub in question is most likely a hybrid of Barrington and not a naturally occurring yarn. With bright green, purple, gold and blue speckling its flanks, the monster measured in at just over 5' 6" in length -- record-class in anyone's book.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cat's Haven said...

Too Tooo funny, you're a peach Dux!!! Gotta Luv Ya!!!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!! That's good! :-D

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home